What is Whatsapp group?
This one of the questions asked by the majority of people who want to create a Whatsapp group on join one.
In this post, I will explain in detail what a Whatsapp group is and what you need to know about a Whatsapp group.
I’ve shared a lot of Whatsapp group links in this blog lately so it is also important I tell you a bit about a Whatsapp group.
Just in case you did not know much about it.
Another tutorial-like post I shared on this blog a while ago was how to join Whatsapp groups using the invite link.
You might want to check that out!
What is a Whatsapp group?
Well, the Whatsapp group is simply a part of the largest and biggest messaging app worldwide, Whatsapp that allows you to easily chat and make friends with a lot of dignitaries and a few other co-operation.
Whatsapp group can be used to enhance your feeling, social ability and delivers some credential and sumptuous attractiveness in your area.
Whatsapp group can also be a platform, where you can either receive or disperse some important information, going on around the world.
Creating and inviting members into your Whatsapp groups
To create a group:
- Go to the CHATS tab in WhatsApp.
- Tap Menu > New group.
- Alternatively, tap New chat > New group.
- Search for or select contacts to add to the group. Then tap the green arrow.
- Type in a group subject. This will be the name of the group that all participants will see.
- The subject limit is 25 characters.
- You can add emoji to your subject by tapping Emoji .
- Optionally, add a group icon by tapping the Camera icon, where you can choose to use your Camera, Gallery or Search Web for an image. Once set, the icon will appear next to the group in the CHATStab.
- Tap the green checkmark when you’re finished.
Inviting into groups via links
If you’re the group admin, you can invite people to join a group simply by sharing a link with them. To share a group invite link:
- Go to the group in WhatsApp, then tap the subject of the group.
- Alternatively, tap and hold the group in the CHATS tab. Then tap Menu > Group info.
- Tap Invite via link.
- Choose to Send link via WhatsApp, Copy link or Share link via another app.
- You can also share a group invite using a QR code by tapping Menu > Print group QR code. To print the QR code, your phone needs to be connected to a printer. Android recipients of the QR code can scan the code using a third-party QR code reader. iPhone recipients can scan the code using their phones’ cameras.
- The admin can Revoke link at any time to make the previous invite link invalid and create a new link.
Please note; any WhatsApp user you share an invite link with can join the group, so only use this feature with trusted individuals. It’s possible for someone to forward the link to other people. If so, those other people can also join the group and the group admin won’t be asked to approve those other people before they join.